1. Download the RageBreak.exe (executable file), place it on your desktop and run the program as an Administrator.
2. Click the first option inside the RageBreak GUI, or graphical user interface, followed by “OK” to the popup to have the tool automatically download and build the necessary opensn0w files.
3. Enter DFU mode of your iPhone 4 by following the simple steps listed below:
- Press and hold both the home and power buttons for a total of ten seconds.
- Release the power button and continue holding the home button for an additional ten to fifteen seconds.
5. Upon completion of the Java app, click “OK” to the new prompt that should appear, click “OK” to the “Transferring Files” prompt and, finally, close out of the Java app.
6. Enter DFU mode by following the simple guide listed in the third step, click the boot option that corresponds with your device (3,1 is reserved for AT&T GSM iPhone models, whereas 3,3 is reserved for Verizon GDMA versions) and click “OK” to tell the utility you’ve successfully entered DFU mode.
- Note: You’ll need to open RageBreak .exe for Windows, enter DFU mode and preform this step every time your iPhone reboots because, again, this is a Tethered Jailbreak.
- Open the default Settings app.
- Tap “Wi-Fi,” followed by the “i” next to the network your iPhone 4 is connected to.
- Take note of the IP Address listed here, as you’ll need it in the next step.
9. Once the Cydia install process completes, enter DFU mode again (follow the instructions outlined in the third step) and boot Tethered by following the fifth step.
Congratulations, once your device reboots again, you will have a Tethered Jailbreak on your iPhone 4 running iOS 7.0.4!
- RageBreak 1.1 Windows exe for 7.0.4
- JRE (this is a MUST)
- iOS 7.0.4 IPSW for the iPhone 4 (GSM and CDMA models)
- iTunes and .Net can be found through RageBreak
- Update Zip (see instructions listed below)
If you encounter any errors or complications during the iOS RageBreak 7.0.4 Jailbreak process, click here to be taken to my video tutorial on YouTube. Thanks to RageMasta for making this possible and supplying us with pre-release files.